Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Insecure Writer's Support Group

Every first Wednesday of the month the Insecure Writer's Support Group (IWSG) post is meant to entourage, assist and inspires other bloggers, writers and authors. This is a safe place where we post our insecurities and share them with the world as well as offer assistance and encouragement to others.

Click on the link to find out more about  Insecure Writer’s Support Group. As always a big thank you to our host Captain Ninja Alex J. Cavanaugh and this month's co-hosts: CD Coffelt, Tina Downey, Isis Rushdan, and Michelle Wallace!

Yes, it's been exactly a month since I posted. I think that's the longest time ever between my posts and hence my insecurity this month.

Abandonment of the blogging community I've become so fond of.

I've been so busy the past few months I've neglected my blog, or should I say this blog. I've visited friends, read their posts and haven't commented for the sole reason that I didn't want them to feel obliged to come back to my empty web space.

But I've also done more than that. I finished writing one novel, formatted it, prepared it, sent it out to over 200 reviewers and written another novel (a sequel). And that's where my time has gone. Having such a tight schedule of releases and writing time definitely cuts into something, and unfortunately it had to be my blog.

The good news is that even though the first book is not due out until December my reviews are soaring. I'm getting emails from people saying they can't wait until the next book so I'm very excited. It's under a different pen name, which makes the management of two blogs, two different social networks, four email accounts, etc... much more difficult.

So this month, I'm sorry to my blog, my blogger friends and those who follow me for being so scarce. As soon as I'm done the other two novels I've already started I'm coming back here, and hopefully I can make up the lost time, and you will all still be here.

What are your insecurities this month?

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Good for you. I wish I had time to only write. But I think working at 30 hours a week keeps my more disciplined to stay on a schedule.

Currently, I'm working on rewrites to Killer Stilettos and just released a short story, Time On Her Side, on Kindle.

Nice to see you.

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I think you used the time wisely! I'm considering cutting back myself to write more but I don't want to abandon my blogger buddies either.
Congratulations on your upcoming release!

Annalisa Crawford said...

Phew - for a moment I thought I'd missed a month of your posts! You've been bus though - 200 reviewers, brilliant!

Cherie Colyer said...

It sounds like you used your time wisely. This is my month to focus on my writing. Congrats on the great feedback for your upcoming novel.